Monday, January 12, 2009

DEAL WITH IT



GREAT vid!!! i love that i got inspired to find some music of my roots recently, with this youtube of (mini) ekoostik hookah. found this song all too fitting, for my personal climate~ good time to remember the only thing constant is change...right?

(chorus): You can't run from your trouble
You can't hide from the truth
You can't fight getting older
You can't stay in your youth

When I was young
I hadn't a care
Drinkin' beer and chasin' women
Goin' home to smoke up in my easy chair.

Daddy said I wouldn't amount to nothin'
I said that I was only havin' fun
Mama said you better settle down, boy
before one of them women has a bun,
in the oven, that is

Chorus

Then I met Annie
Willin' and Wild
Seems like mama wasn't jokin'
Nine months later we was having us a child

Annie said I wouldn't amount to nothin'
I said that I was only having fun
She said you better stop that messin' around, boy
now I got to be your only one
But I didn't care

Chorus

My old lady up and left me
Me and my son workin' hard and makin' money
And I can't find me any time to have no fun
Now I'm trying hard to amount to something
Living a life that's all too real
Sometimes I wish I had a chance to do it over
Now I've got no choice but to deal with it.

Chorus

No comments: