Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day Two: Coachella (part one)



well, i had high hopes for saturday. due to the heat, ended up missing two acts that were highest on my list (MGMT and Malkmus), but i had to let it go. total bummer, but one of my many motto's, "easy come easy go" was my mantra. it was around 100 degrees.

i think i'm going to do this review similar to day one's review. short and sweet. cuz frankly, there is/was so much going on that your attn span might be as small as mine was at times, so i'll do my best to be concise. i'm sure i'll forget stuff, as i can already remember one obvious act from friday that i forgot, so i am making a "clean-up" post as to not muddy my Day Two review here. here we go:

hot chip: first stop of the day. sounded sick, but was not grounded or ready to get my major mingle on, so stayed at the outskirts and was magnetizing friends who i wanted to rumble with. spent most of the hot chip set texting to find peeps, which worked great. would def see them again in a flash

death cab for cutie: caught 2 or so songs. frankly, i was underwhelmed by them. i mean, it was fine enough, but their sound did not really fill the main stage air like the other main stage acts. don't get me wrong, i actually like them a lot. i think they would be best in a small setting. whatevs. caught them at bridge school and loved it. maybe i was just still getting my groove on.

rilo kiley: probably my sneaker set of tunes that surprised me the most (after krftwrk). i loved every song i heard. they sounded great. my friend (who was not there) was like, "did they sound good because of jenny lewis?" and i said, "oh! i forgot she was in that band...so i guess not!" funny. good stuff.

krftwrk: favorite band i'd never heard or heard of at the fest. WTTW (wow to the wow)!!! very very psychedelic and very professional and the most...WOW. for example:

sushi calls! more later!

No comments: