Tuesday, July 8, 2008

High Sierra 2008 recap: Thursday

Thought I would do a brief recap of my highlights of High Sierra Music Festival, which happened this last weekend in Quincy, CA. There were many (highlights), and some of them were totally unrelated to the tunes (the biggest one having my 17 year old Goddaughter/cousin with me from Belgium).

THURSDAY
:



The Weather Underground: cool start (pictured above on Big Meadow Stage). It was before I set up my camp, so I was sorta preoccupied, but still, was curious about them and knew I would hear them again.

Langhorne Slim: I think I heard this from my camp. Didn't go to the stage, but pretty sure I heard this and thought it was good.

Built To Spill: I loved these guys at the Fillmore in SF, and wandered out to the main stage to catch their set. My crew was only mildly interested, and our attn span thinned after 3 or 4 songs. I would've stayed, but needed to stay with my girls, on my Goddaughter's first night at the "hippie" festival. She'd been to Euro/electronic/huge festivals, but I was just getting my bearings with wandering with her.

Emmitt-Nershi Band: I could hear this from my camp (again, did not go over to the stage), but it was sorta cute to hear some SCI songs. I'm sure people were stoked. Sounded all right to me.

The Slip: finally, one of the sets I was most looking forward to...this band has a really special thing going on. I'm just really into how they can make that big sound with just three dudes. Guess each of them just really packs a punch =)

The Mother Hips: again, another set I was super excited about. It was a late night show, so I caught a good bit of it after The Slip show. I just love the Mother Hips. Not much more to say about that.

I desperately need to wrap this up for now, but thought since it had been so long without a post, that I would rally to get this up. More to come for sure...

No comments: