Thursday, July 17, 2008

High Sierra 2008: Sat and Sun

in the interest of feeling like there is so much to catch up on, i'll breeze thru the rest of my high sierra, as its already feeling like ages ago. I DO feel a sense of completismistic-ness about finishing the rest of the fest, so easy breezy, here it goes:

Saturday:

The Slip: first show of the day for me. easily one of my favorite bands to see. hands down.

Rotary Downs: these delightful folks from New Orleans can seriously hold it down. A real pleasure to see these faces all weekend long~ come back!

Buckethead: pretty ripping, actually. Wasn't sure what to think, but he sorta ripped! He was doing nunchucks on stage at one pt. Crazy.

Surprise Me Mr. Davis (SMMD): God bless these guys. The spirit of this band is such a gift. Happy to have them on my path, and they on mine. I will go out of my way to see this music at almost any opp.

BLVD: next to the Friday night late night set of SMMD Friday night at Camp Harry (aka CHAT), this late night show of BLVD's was the most and hardest I danced all weekend. It was so inspiring and so exciting and so fucking good. And the disc is great, too. Check them out at: www.blvdsource.com. I'm totally hooked.



Sunday:

Phix: I'm cracking up, looking at the schedule, to realize this is the first band I finally made it out to see on this day. (I did go to a playhouse afternoon set that was cool, but don't have any deets to give on it). This was my first "PHIX" set and admittedly, I danced pretty hard. It was odd and strange. Different than seeing DSO or something, even...can't really put my finger on it. Wasn't BAD...was sorta good, but just sorta stung a little.

And that's the tale called Michele's 2008 High Sierra Music Festival. Honestly, this exercise of this blog is turning into what it was intended for, I think. Crazy.

No comments: